Christ First Response of Care.
Useful Info Links
Canada Ministry of Health
Ontario Ministry of Health
City of Mississauga
City of Oakville
City of Toronto
We are Here for You!
These are strange times, and we realize that some may find themselves needing help unexpectedly. You may feel ill and not able to leave the house to get groceries or do other errands. Or you may just want to hear a friendly voice on the other end of the phone. Your church is here for you.
If you need any supplies delivered or any other kind of assistance, please let us know. Call the Church Office at 905.822.9834 or email email@example.com and let us know how we can help.
Thank you Visitors!
A sincere thanks to our Church Visitors who have been calling and keeping in touch with our members. These calls have been most appreciated as we all are ‘self-isolating’. For many living on their own, particularly older members, phone calls such as these may be their only ‘outside’ contact. To enjoy a conversation and know they are being thought of, is a REAL boost. We know loneliness is a true and sad issue for many. We all can help at this very isolating time.
We urge Visitors to repeat their calls regularly. In fact, we ALL can make “someone’s day” by picking up the phone and making some friendly calls. If you can use social media, such as Facetime, WhatsApp or Skype and have a face to face conversation, then all the better.
Can You Lend a Hand?
We have had inquiries from people ready and willing to help their fellow Christ First members. We will be putting together a list of volunteers available to assist with errands or other forms of assistance. Please email or phone the Church Office to have your name added to our list. Thank you for lending a helping hand.
Reverend Scott Beckett is available by phone if you need someone to provide counsel, pray with, or just have a friendly chat. To book a pastoral care call, please call the Church Office at 905.822.9834 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
While the church building is not open, the work of the church still continues. Committees are using the tools of technology… phone, emails and conference calling to keep in touch.
Your Gifts Are Still Needed.
Even though the church is temporarily closed, our expenses continue. For those not on PAR, donations can be dropped off in the church mail box, sent to the office via e-Transfer or mailed to 1700 Mazo Crescent, Mississauga L5J 1Y8. If you wish to join PAR and have the monthly amount taken out automatically from your bank account, please contact the church office.
Be Careful Where You Get Your Information.
While we are constantly bombarded with news about COVID-19, it is important to refer to credible Canadian Public Health websites for the latest updates regarding policies and procedures we are to follow. The sites listed on the left provides information at all levels as to our situation in Canada.
How to Protect Yourself.
The best way to prevent infection is to avoid being exposed. Prevention measures include:
STAY AT HOME!
- As only essential services are now opened, limit your shopping trips to avoid exposure. E.g. once a week for groceries. If possible, have the pharmacy deliver your medications.
- If out in public – PRACTICE SOCIAL DISTANCING – Avoid crowds, refrain from touching each other & keep a distance of 2 meters (6 feet) from each other.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use a hand sanitizer that contains a minimum of 60% ethyl alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are ill & stay at home if you are ill.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then immediately throw the tissue in the garbage and wash your hands. If you don’t have a tissue, sneeze or cough into your sleeve or arm.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
Keep Engaged & Active!
This is a time where it can be socially isolating. It is important to find fun ways to keep active and stay in touch with family and friends.
- by phone calls, text messages, emails, chat apps and social media.
- Chat with a group of friends or have a “virtual coffee” meeting using WhatsApp, Facebook messenger, Facetime or Skype. On Facetime you can have a group of 32 join in on the conversation.
- Find an online community of people who share your passion. E.g. on-line bridge. They are waiting for someone like you to join them!
- Join the Christ First Facebook group and see what others are doing in the church. Contact Victoria Keane at if you wish to join.
- Participate in the on-line Sunday services from Christ First!
- Put on your favorite music and dance
- Try an on-line yoga program
- Learn a new language with on-line apps like Duolingo
- Create items that might be used for the Christmas Fair.