Welcome to the Christ First website.
We welcome your interest, whether you are just exploring our Website, our Facebook page or wanting to visit in person. The Vision and Mission of Christ First are new and driving us forward.
- Access the full Website from every page using the MENU on the upper right hand corner, or through links and buttons on individual pages.
- Visit our Facebook page, a kaleidoscope of bright pictures and articles, with interactive conversations, no membership required.
You are welcome to Sunday Services, held at the Clarkson Campus, whatever your faith, age, background, race or orientation. Find spiritual engagement and blessing in sharing worship in the sanctuary or on-line. Join us in actively supporting our community, and caring for the vulnerable or disadvantaged.
Hear the voices of children daily in the halls, through our Breakfast Club and activities for youth, Scouts, the Co-op. Nursery, and the many summer camps held at both campuses.
All are welcome- Both the Clarkson and Port Credit Campuses are not just open on Sunday, every day of the week, partnering with the community, the classrooms, auditoriums, boardrooms and reception rooms are used for Study, Classes, Social Groups, Events, Interest groups, Concerts, Choirs, Music training, Theatre, Dance, Quilting, Art, and Sports.
Special Events - Host a special event at one of our facilities such as a wedding, a family celebration, or celebration of life.
Come join us and strengthen your faith and ours.
Information can be found throughout the website and through contacts on the “About Us” tab.
Whether you are a newcomer to our neighbourhood
or a newcomer to church, you are welcome!
Do you like lively music played on drums and guitars that you can clap along to? Are you comfortable in jeans and a sweater? Our 9:02 Express (only 50 minutes long) offers a Christian “rock” music oriented worship. Do you have children? Bring them to the 9:02 service where, after a short time with the adults, they will attend our Breakfast Club. There, they will learn about the love of God and Jesus through stories, crafts and song.
For those who like to step out in their Sunday best, and love traditional hymns accompanied by the organ, our traditional worship service takes place at 10:30.
It doesn’t matter to us how you arrive at church – just come with an open mind and a loving heart and be prepared to let the spirit move you! Try them both and see which one fits your style! Nursery care for infants is available at both times.
For Children & Youth.
On any given Sunday morning children race up the aisle at Christ First’s 9.02 service, cookies in hand to hear Victoria, our youth leader, share a song or story before heading down to Breakfast Club. Here they watch videos, learn bible stories and relate them to today. Crafts, games eating and singing make it fun. The children know each other well but welcome any new kids that come. Nursery care is available for the little ones at either service.
The church is not closed in the summer, children’s voices ring in the halls with the many camps that are held at our Clarkson campus. The field and parking lot are full of bicycles as kids learn to ride safely, through Pedal Heads. In the sanctuary the Band Camp kids practice for the final concert with a full band and much noise and laughter can be heard. Youngsters attending one of the STEM camps head quickly to the back classrooms where they use their excited brains to research science knowledge. Vacation Bible School has creative installations in the auditorium or outside full of colour and drama.
Regular events for young people also occur all year.
Once a month, families gather in the sanctuary of the Clarkson Campus to share dinner and watch a family-friendly movie on the big screen! Contact the office for the next date!
On the Friday of March break, we will be offering a day of children’s programming. Check with the office for more details!
Easter Egg Hunt
Before church on Easter Sunday we go on an Easter Egg Hunt in the sanctuary and sometimes outside, please join us!
VBS/Vacation Bible School
Enjoy a one week half day camp, where we learn about God and the amazing earth that surrounds us. Kids will learn stories, play games, make crafts, share snacks – all while focused on strengthening our relationship with God. This is a free camp
This is a two week day camp for children from JK-grade 8. Kids will establish and expand their musical knowledge by learning an instrument (or maybe two!) Each day campers participate in a band rehearsal, as well as enjoy many other musical and non-musical activities. No experience required! A special “Leaders in Training” program is offered for students in grade 9-12.
Dress up and come on out! We will enjoy crafts and games, while keeping warm with some yummy hot chocolate. Show off your costume, and take a goody bag home!
The First Christmas – A Children’s Advent Day
As the Advent season begins, the kids get together to re-tell the Christmas story. We will make crafts, play games, bake cookies, and share lunch. We talked about the Christmas story as the kids admire the beautiful stained glass window depicting the birth of Jesus. It is a truly special way to kick off the Advent season!
Children’s Christmas Choir
Leading up to Christmas, we rehearse all of our favourite Christmas songs – from Jingle Bells to Joy to the World! Each child will have the opportunity to experiment with bells, shakers, rhythm sticks, chimes – even sign language! We perform for the church just before Christmas!
Noon Year’s Eve Party
On December 31st we gather to celebrate the New Year. Children and their families are welcome to join us for a potluck lunch, make crafts, and play games. As 12:00 NOON approaches, we do a countdown, and enjoy a balloon drop as we shout “Happy New Year”!
Recognition of Territory
We acknowledge that we gather on the traditional territories of the Huron-Wendat, the Haudenosaunee, the Anishnaabe, and including most recently the Mississauga of the Credit First Nations. This territory is covered by the Dish with One Spoon Wampum Belt Covenant, an agreement between the Huron-Wendat and the Anishnaabe to share peacefully and care for the resources around the Great Lakes. We are grateful to have the opportunity to live and work on their land, to share and respect Mother Earth.
About our Church community.
- We are part of an energetic combined community that is Church in southern Mississauga, with the history of two long standing churches behind us Christ church and First United (nearly 200 years old each) we are stronger now as we are together. Under the United Church of Canada, itself an amalgamation of 3 previous denominations we are growing. With strong staff and lay leadership, we are also partners in faith with other local churches and valued neighbours in our community.
- We are guided by the vision of the 3 pillars, Spiritual Engagement, Community Focus, Connection with our Members, within the mission to Learn, Live, Love and Lead.
- We have 2 campuses where a multitude of services, events, meetings, camps and of course music is co-ordinated in complex algorithms into the space. Two services are held every Sunday at the Clarkson Campus. Special services are held at our Port Credit Campus. Our facilities are not just maintained for us, but for the use of members of our community.
- We are together not just as a congregation to worship God but as part of the larger community around us, a community with many in need. We are working hard to think of ways that we can care and support others.
- We are committed to be part of the journeys of life of our members in good times and bad.
- We welcome all to join on the new path we are taking and value ideas and participation in the spiritual and physical components of our church life.